How to Change Problematic Drug and Alcohol Users Through their Family Members – A Complete Manual by Phil Harris
For drug and alcohol workers, youth workers, criminal justice workers, social workers, housing officers, family workers, counsellors, families, The Concerned Other provides a complete treatment manual for working with those affected by a family member’s drug and alcohol use.
- Explores the extensive research that demonstrates why and how families can effect change.
- Offers comprehensive assessment and outcomes tools.
- Provides a complete worksheet-based programme that will help the ’concerned other’:
– get their loved one into treatment
– reduce the stress and pressure they are under
– improve the quality of their own life
– support their loved one in treatment.
This book will help practitioners support the concerned others in effecting change in the user, and will increase the provision of high quality and effective services they can offer to those who suffer intolerably from those that they also love the most.
1. If your organisation is unable to pay by credit/debit card or Paypal, you can pay by Direct Bank Transfer or Avenue Media Solutions can issue a 60-day invoice (this does not apply to items available through the Amazon-powered bookshops or electronic products). To arrange for an invoice to be issued, please contact us.
2. Price includes postage and packing.