Designed for an audience aged 13-18 years old, this course has the fundamental objective of discouraging teenagers from rushing into relationships or participating in underage sexual activity. Each module includes information films and also key facts sheets delivering vital facts about sexually transmitted diseases, stressing the importance of practising safer sex. The films in each module contain detailed pictures of the male and female genitals, illustrating various sexually transmitted disease symptoms. Some may find the pictures disturbing, but we feel it is important to ensure we deliver real facts and messages. It is hoped that by exposing teenagers to such pictures, content and information will deter them from engaging in early sexual activity and will stress the importance of using barrier contraception. On completion of 10 modules there will be a multiple choice exam.The course is the equivalent of a half-day’s learning, but please note that timings are approximate as different people work at different rates.The course is made up of 10 video modules, key facts sheets and a multiple choice exam at the end to test the learning of the student.
The modules include:
• Introduction to Relationships
• Module 1 Chlamydia – The Facts
• Module 2 Gonorrhoea – The Facts
• Module 3 Pubic Lice – The Facts
• Module 4 Herpes – The Facts
• Module 5 HPV Genital Warts – The Facts
• Module 6 Hepatitis – The Facts
• Module 7 Syphilis – The Facts
• Module 8 HIV AIDS – The Facts
• Module 9 Contraception – What’s Available
• Module 10 Pregnancy – Parts 1 to 3
- Be aware of the consequences when not using a contraceptive barrier when having sex and understand the range of different forms of contraception available for practicing safer sex
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of sexually transmitted infections and how they can be a huge risk to your health
- Understand the issues that can occur before, during and after pregnancy
This e-learning course is available on a 12-month licence for up to 50 people. This means that up to 50 members of your organisation can complete the course within the licence period.
You can use PayPal, credit/debit card, direct bank transfer or 60-day VAT invoice to pay for your licence. Subsequent to your purchase we will contact you to provide you with individual login details for up to 50 people. If you wish to have an invoice issued, please contact us. Please note that if you choose direct bank transfer or invoice as a payment method, login details will not be issued until payment has been received.
If there is anything you are not sure of please let us know; we will be happy to help.
1. The price shown is exclusive of VAT and an extra 20% will be added at the checkout.
2. If you wish to make the course available to more than 50 people or you want the licence to last longer than 12 months, please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
3. This course is also available for individuals.