Click here to watch a short promotional film
Course title: Safer Sex Education and Relationships
Author: Mark Kendrick
Intended audience: The course has been designed for young people to help them develop a sound understanding of the basics of sex education and relationships. It will therefore be of interest to parents, teachers, youth workers, community workers, social workers and foster carers and anyone involved in promoting the health, well-being and education of young people.
Designed for an audience aged 13-18 years old, this course has the fundamental objective of discouraging teenagers from rushing into relationships or participating in underage sexual activity. Each module includes information films and also key facts sheets delivering vital facts about sexually transmitted diseases, stressing the importance of practising safer sex. The films in each module contain detailed pictures of the male and female genitals, illustrating various sexually transmitted disease symptoms. Some may find the pictures disturbing, but we feel it is important to ensure we deliver real facts and messages. It is hoped that by exposing teenagers to such pictures, content and information will deter them from engaging in early sexual activity and will stress the importance of using barrier contraception. On completion of 10 modules there will be a multiple choice exam.
Learning objectives: On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
• Be aware of the consequences when not using a contraceptive barrier when having sex
• Learn about the signs and symptoms of sexually transmitted infections and how they can be a huge risk to health
• Become aware of the range of different forms of contraception available for practising safer sex
• Understand pregnancy and the issues that can occur before, during and after pregnancy
• Appreciate the importance of relationships as the basis for sexual activity.
Course length: Half-day equivalent
Price: Individual place: £29.99 (incl. VAT)
Annual licence*: £599 (plus VAT)
* Annual licences are for up to 200 people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements if you anticipate needing more than 200 places.