Click here to watch a short promotional film
Course title: Foundations of Social Care
Author: Neil Thompson and Sue Thompson
Intended audience: Staff involved in the provision of social care services across all client groups, whether in field, residential or day services settings.
Developed by two well-established and highly respected authors, this course offers an important foundation of understanding of the core elements of social care. It is an ideal introduction for new social care staff or for experienced staff wanting to broaden and deepen their understanding of the complex world of caring for vulnerable people. It is also an important course for social care managers to ensure that they are au fait with the knowledge, skills and values their staff are expected to be putting into practice.
Learning objectives: On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the core elements of social care provision
• Appreciate many of the complexities involved and feel better equipped to rise to the challenges
• Be more aware of pitfalls to avoid
• Feel more confident in developing high standards of social care practice
Course length: Equivalent to two days of continuous professional development
Price: Individual place: £49.99 (incl. VAT) Special introductory price – a two-day course for the price of a one-day course. Normally £79.99 incl. VAT.
Annual licence*: £999 (plus VAT) Special introductory price – a two-day course for the price of a one-day course. Normally £1599.99 plus VAT
* Annual licences are for up to 200 people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements if you anticipate needing more than 200 places.